Even though I don't like phablets all that much as I consider them too big to be an actually useful phone and too small to replace a tablet, there are many people who really appreciate this type of technology. This is why I've decided to compile a short list and show you some of the best phablets on the market in 2016. The selection is based on quality, price and personal preferences, so please don't feel insulted if your favorite product hasn't been included.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7
Samsung's latest phablet, the Galaxy Note 7, is one of my favorite products ever. The device is incredibly powerful and one of the best available when it comes to taking photos, but it does come with a price to match. This phablet is available in gold, black, silver and coral blue.
- Display: 5.7-inch, Super AMOLED Quad HD, 2,560 x 1,440-pixel resolution.
- Specs: 4 GB of RAM, Snapdragon 820 quad-core CPU, 64 GB internal storage (MicroSD expandable), 3500 mAh battery.
- Additional features: Iris scanner, S Pen (Stylus), dust and water resistant.
- Price: from $850.
Apple iPhone 6S Plus
Although on paper the iPhone 6S Plus may not look as strong as the other devices on this list, I can assure you that it can match each of them when it comes to actual performance. If this product doesn't impress you because it's too old, Apple will most likely release the new series of iPhones this fall, so you'll most likely to find your new favorite phablet at the launch event.
- Display: 5.5-inch, Full HD.
- Specs: 2 GB of RAM, A9 CPU, between 16 and 128 GB of storage (non-expandable), 2915 mAH battery.
- Additional features:3D Touch, Touch ID, Apple Pay, 4K video capabilities.
- Price: from $750.
Google and Huawei have outdone themselves when creating the Nexus 6P. This phablet's specifications look amazing and, when tested, the device itself doesn't disappoint. Besides being surprisingly cheap for the hardware that it possesses, the 6P has another big advantage: it's a Nexus, so you will constantly get Android updates directly from Google.
- Display: 5.7-inch, AMOLED quad HD, 2,560 x 1,440 pixels resolution.
- Specs: 3 GB of RAM, 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Sanpdragon 810, between 32 GB and 128 GB of storage space, 3450 mAh battery.
- Additional features: USB-C connector for fast charging, latest Android versions.
- Price: starts at $500.
Huawei Mate 8
Last on our list, the Huawei Mate 8 is truly huge. Additionally, this phablet's battery size and price are also impressive. The device's software isn't really my cup of tea, but during my tests, the phablet handled all the apps that I've tried out quite well, so performance won't be an issue. From what I've read, Mate 8 is supposed to have some small problems with the notifications, but I didn't encounter any.
- Display: 6-inch, 1080 pixels resolution.
- Specs: 3GB of RAM, Kirin 950 octa-core CPU, 32 GB internal storage, 4,000 mAh battery.
- Additional features: fast charging,
- Price: starting at $480.
Now, when you've seen the best phablets on the market in 2016, you might also be interested in checking out "The best wearables to come out in 2016", "Top 6 smartwatches of 2016 to hit the market" or "Top 4 reasons not to miss 2015".